- This policy covers how the Boren Forum will treat personal information that the Boren Forum collects and receives. Personal information is information about you such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, or other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies and organizations that the Boren Forum does not own or control, or to people that the Boren Forum does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- The Boren Forum collects personal information when you register with the Boren Forum.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address(es), your current and permanent address, occupation, and NSEP background information. Once you register with the Boren Forum you are not anonymous to us.
- The Boren Forum automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address.
- The Boren Forum uses information to contact you and gather data.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The Boren Forum does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies (other than the Defense Language and National Security Education Office) without permission of the User, except under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- The Boren Forum may set and access the Boren Forum cookies on your computer.
- The Boren Forum uses web beacons to access the Boren Forum cookies inside and outside our web site and in connection with the Boren Forum services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Boren Forum profile, including your password, at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to The Boren Forum, such as announcements, administrative messages and the Boren Forum Newsletter, that are considered part of your Boren Forum account.
- You can delete your Boren Forum account by logging in here and selecting “leave the Boren Forum” at the bottom of the Settings page.
- To stop receiving emails, please click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any Boren Forum email. Please note that you must do this independently of deleting your account as described above.
- Your information may be in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to Boren Forum administrators who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Boren Forum Account Information is password-protected.
- The Boren Forum may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your Boren Forum account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com.