In order to better support the professional development of our alumni, the Boren Forum is offering a mentorship program to partner young alumni with mid-career alumni. This program will connect recent Boren graduates with former awardees who are established in their careers (3-5 years in workforce) and share common professional and personal interests.
The program runs from August to December and pairs ~20 young alumni with 20 mid-career professionals and former award recipients. Once the Boren Forum has identified suitable protégés/mentors, applicants will be notified by email and connected with their partner. The Boren Forum will provide a guideline of monthly suggested activities for protégé and mentor pairs to foster professional development.
Please understand that not all who register will be able to be paired with a protégé/mentor.
|Benefits for Protégé:||Benefits for Mentor:|
- Once matched, the mentor will call or e-mail the protégé to arrange the first meeting
- Mentors and protégés engage via phone, Skype, and e-mail but are encouraged to connect 1-3 times per month
- Participants are expected to respond in a reasonable amount of time to mentor/protégé inquiries
- Participants will be asked to evaluate their mentorship experience at the end of the program
- Before registering all participants must review the program disclaimer and safety tips
Thank you for your interest in the mentorship program. Applications for the 2014 Mentorship Program are closed at this time. Applicants will hear back regarding their pairing by the week of July 21st.
Are you a mid-career professional? If you sign up to serve as a mentor to a young professional, you will be given preference in the selection process for the upcoming senior-level mentorship program.For questions, please contact lreese at borenforum dot org.